GreenSpark Solar believes that locally generated clean energy is a cost-effective, market-based solution to combat climate change and an important strategy to strengthen our local community. GreenSpark’s success results from our passionate and experienced team, coupled with our commitment to using our businesses as a force of good for nearly two decades. We can be both profitable and collaborative – creating win-win partnerships that benefit the long-term health of our company along with our growing family of solar customers, vendors, subcontractors and our planet.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
GreenSpark Solar is a 17-year-old business that prides itself on being a benefit corporation and an awesome place to work. We believe that renewables will have a dominant place in our economy for the remainder of our lives and we are working to increase the positive impact renewables can have on the local environment and the economy.
We have put together a total package that removes all of the legwork and makes going solar easy for our customers. We pick the best equipment manufacturers, line up the finest installers and arrange attractive financing to save our customers real money – all while doing right by the planet and ensuring solar is accessible to all.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The PV Installation Crew Lead role is an advanced position responsible for managing the installation of GreenSpark’s residential and light-commercial PV systems from beginning to end. In this position, the Crew Lead will coordinate with the Field Crew Manager and Design Team and work side by side with other crew members, while managing the installation of all components for the most aesthetically pleasing, and optimally functioning PV system. The overall goal of the Crew Lead is to work with field personnel to achieve completion of the project with the highest level of safety, quality, efficiency and conformance to the original plans and specifications while being:
– Primary on-site customer contact person;
– Primary on-site safety role model and enforcer;
– Responsible for crew motivation, problem solving and overall morale;
– Responsible for ensuring the highest quality installations at each step of the process;
– Expected to consistently seek systematic improvements to increase customer satisfaction;
– Responsible for updating the Construction Manager on daily progress, and receiving crew instructions,
confirming schedules and implementing tasks and duties daily;
– Responsible for managing crews and crew communication and equipment for job site(s), monitoring site and safety conditions and customer concerns, and crew mobilization;
– Responsible for updating project documentation, reporting on and preparing commissioning lists, time logs, closeout sheets and completion photographs.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION
– 1-3+ years of previous solar PV installation experience preferred;
– Exemplary leadership skills;
– General construction knowledge to include: roofing, electrical, and carpentry skills;
– Knowledge of advanced wiring methods and electrical working with up to 600 and 1000 VDC and 480 VAC;
– Must be able to troubleshoot electrical components and systems with a high degree of aptitude working independently, or when necessary, in conjunction with manufacturer’s technical support;
– Ability to adapt or correct Solar PV designs to fit site conditions;
– Experience with DC Optimizers, micro and string inverters, and the set-up of monitoring systems;
– Previous knowledge of solar power including formal education up to PV 201 or equivalent; NABCEP Certification preferred;
– Completion of GreenSpark’s Solar PV specific safety course and experience complying with OSHA safety requirements and regulations;
– Experience installing both roof and ground mount systems;
– For roof mounts: installation of all equipment and materials up to and including the combiner box;
– For ground mounts: installation of all equipment and materials up to and including the combiner box, and additionally, all trenching and outdoor conduit.
– Knowledge of electrical theory, National Electric Code (NEC), Uniform Building Code (UBC), local & utility jurisdiction requirements, and applied techniques;
– Must be capable of working independently, under minimal supervision, maintain a professional appearance and excellent customer service while providing direction to other crew members.
– Must maintain a clean driving record, and be able to safely operate service trucks or other company vehicles. — Must be physically able to lift 70 lbs.
HOW WE WORK
We feel a huge responsibility to succeed at GreenSpark. As a B Corporation, success is directly tied to honoring our triple bottom line of commitments to people (our employees and their families, our Customers and residents of the communities where we do business), planet (our local and the broader global environment) and profits (providing capital to grow, revenue to share among our employees, and a return to our investors). This is important work, and we have fun doing it.
We do it by celebrating creativity, cross-functional collaboration, high energy, hard work, good play, deep networking and with the acknowledgement that we make mistakes and learn from them. We know success. We know fun. Come experience both with us.
Our values are reflected in our workplace — our office is directly powered by onsite wind turbines and solar panels, our fleet includes all electric and hybrid vehicles, dogs roam the office, and we strive to be an unabashedly inclusive, diverse workplace.
PAY & BENEFITS
– After 90 days of successful employment, fully paid medical premiums as well as a significant contribution toward medical deductible expenses, for the employee and family;
– After 90 days of successful employment, fully paid dental premiums, for the employee and family;
– Generous vacation and sick leave.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format at:
Within your cover letter, please describe a situation on an installation site in which you were most challenged by a problem and how you resolved that problem.
GreenSpark is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind.