Loyal to People. Loyal to Planet. GreenSpark Solar creates fiercely local, cost-effective, clean energy options in the Greater Rochester Community.
GreenSpark is a fully independent “B Corporation” with a mission to provide diverse renewable energy solutions that produce meaningful cost savings, local economic benefits, and a better balance with our planet for homeowners, business owners, community partners, and more. GreenSpark’s success is a result of our passionate and experienced team and our commitment to using business as a force for good for nearly 20 years. We seek win-win partnerships that benefit the long-term health of our company while serving our growing family of solar customers, vendors, subcontractors, and the planet.
The primary responsibility of the Commercial Solar Project Manager is management of the design, permitting, procurement and construction related tasks for commercial scale solar projects while communicating progress and results that guide customer expectations from contract execution to successful project completion. The secondary responsibility is support of the Business Development Team through the preliminary project development and acquisition phase of potential jobs in the sales pipeline. The Commercial Solar Project Manager is expected to work collaboratively with the Residential Solar team to complete light commercial projects that draw resources from both Commercial and Residential teams. Specific tasks may include:
- Develop and manage scopes of work, construction schedules, engineering plans, designs, and project close-out/commissioning procedures to ensure that project stakeholder commitments and company financial objectives are met.
- Direct and manage all personnel, subcontractors, and suppliers throughout the project life-cycle from preliminary planning to job close-out. This includes scheduling, reporting, and conducting progress inspections for quality control and progress reporting on sites before, during and after active construction.
- Track, report and measure progress, timelines, and milestones versus plans / project budgets.
- Proactively manage and document project risks, contingency plans and any resulting changes in scope, schedule, and cost.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES
- An Enterprising Spirit: developing and executing project plans, leading people, and high level decision making. Sometimes the job will require risk taking and the ability to navigate complex situations that balance the needs of numerous stakeholders including but not limited to: utilities, customers, third party financiers, as well as GreenSpark’s financial goals and values.
- An Investigative Mindset: working through problems and obstacles created by utility companies, site conditions, and customer requirements while adhering to strict project budgets and timelines.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to manage vendors, subcontractors, and engineers on multiple projects at one time.
- Delight in playing a meaningful role in a growth-phase business (with all of its joys, adventures, and challenges).
- A firm commitment to GreenSpark’s purpose.
- 2 years solar construction management or 5 years commercial construction experience.
- Ability to review and understand multi-trade construction drawings and specifications, as well as construction best practices across an array of trades, including surveying, civil, structural, and electrical construction.
- Organizational and process-oriented skills to clearly maintain project budgets, work and schedule progress, project documentation, correspondence, and related files.
- Strong written and verbal communication and computer skills, including Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and tasks, and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- PMP or equivalent certification
- Project Management experience in Solar or Construction industries
PAY & BENEFITS
GreenSpark Solar provides competitive pay and benefits packages to all full-time employees that demonstrate qualities that mirror our belief that work-life balance and individual well-being is the foundation for productive and engaged people. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter in PDF Format. Within your cover letter, please describe what sustainability means to you personally.
GreenSpark Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind.