GreenSpark Solar believes that locally generated clean energy is a cost-effective, market-based solution to combat climate change and an important strategy to strengthen our local community. GreenSpark’s Solar success results from our passionate and experienced team, coupled with our commitment to using our businesses as a force of good for nearly two decades. We can be both profitable and collaborative – creating win-win partnerships that benefit the long-term health of our company along with our growing family of solar customers, vendors, subcontractors and our planet.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
GreenSpark Solar is a local, distributed energy, 16-year-old business that prides itself on being a benefit corporation and an awesome place to work. Our phenomenal growth in previous years is a signal that renewables will have a dominant place in our economy for the remainder of our lives.
We have put together a total package that removes all of the legwork and makes going solar easy for our customers. We pick the best equipment manufacturers, line up the finest installers and arrange attractive financing to save our customers real money – all while doing right by the planet and ensuring solar is accessible to all.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
GreenSpark Solar’s PV Level 1 Installer is responsible for supporting the Crew Lead in all aspects of PV project installation. The correct candidate is comfortable working with a team, around heavy equipment and on roofs/height to Install high quality, photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards using drawings/schematics and instructions. Our PV installers ensure personal and crew safety at all times and assist to keep shared tools organized and to keep the working environment/job site clean. He or she takes pride in representing our company and culture in the best light to our customers, community and vendors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Communication –ability to listen critically, follow directions/designs, and interact with team members to accomplish project goals efficiently.
- Problem Sensitivity —ability to tell when something is wrong or likely to go wrong
- Visualization —ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged
- Information Ordering —ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules
- Physical Strength – Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Hands-on mechanical skills including, but not limited to comfort working at-heights and proficiency with hand tools
- Apply weather sealing to array, building, or support mechanisms.
- Transport – Access to a vehicle and frequent travel in Western NY
- Experience – PV install, Electrical, or Roofing experience preferred, but not required
- Outward Facing – The ability to communicate the company’s brand/culture with clients, the public, vendors, and inspectors
- Flexibility – the ability to work flexible hours based on changing conditions
- Passion – Passion for renewable energy and to improving individual skills that contribute to high quality PV installations
Position is seasonal/contract with an hourly pay range of $15-18/hr (depending upon experience)and is based in Ontario, NY.
PAY & BENEFITS
Pay commensurate with level of experience for a full-time, 40 hour a week position.
In addition, GreenSpark Solar provides:
- After 90 days of success employment, for the employee and family, fully paid medical premiums as well as a significant contribution toward medical deductible expenses;
- After 90 days of success employment, for the employee and family, fully paid dental premiums;
- Generous vacation and sick leave;
- 401k (implementation scheduled for 2nd Quarter 2018) – Company match 1:1 up to 3%, 1:2 for 4-5%.
Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
GreenSpark Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind.